Short Plays: Oh h1
Oh hi: A sweet and simple little logic puzzle game created by game developer Q42 (mrtnkl). If there’s something that I love most about puzzle games, its their simple game play and minimal-styled design. The latter being my greatest weakness since it’s hard for me to ignore the look.
Genre: Logic, Puzzle
Review: Oh hi is is an independent puzzle game where your controls consist of tapping/clicking on an empty square either once or twice to make it red or blue. There are 4 modes to pick in the game, namely 4, 6, 8 and 10. 4 being the simplest and 10 being the hardest.
As the rules state (as seen in the description of Oh Hi and also in game):
Three red tiles or three blue tiles next to each other in a row or column isn’t allowed
A full row or column must have as many blue tiles as it has red ones
No two rows are the same. No two columns either.
It may be confusing at first, especially when you start the game without knowing much about the rules yet. But you’ll get the hang of it…eventually.
- Gameplay: Simple, easy, and quite the time-waster for puzzle-solvers out there.
- Game Design: As minimalistic as it gets. Similar to other games like 2048 and Threes.
- Entertainment: Hours of fun, fun, fun!
- Availability: Available on the smartphone and computer.
- Other Matters: It doesn’t have ads or social network requirements!
- Sound & Music: It doesn’t exist in this game… yet.
- Gameplay: As relaxing as it is, it gets repetitive. Once you know the patterns on solving the puzzles (even if it’s more or less randomized), there’s not much content in the game.
- Entertainment: Due to its repetitiveness, plus the fact that it doesn’t have sounds yet, the game itself becomes dull.
My Verdict: It is a relaxing game and quite the time-waster, too! Its simple yet attractive design is nice, but maybe if it had some sound accompaniment, it could get even better. As this is the developer’s 1st game, I’m looking forward to the improvements of this game.
If you want me to play and review a game, please let me know in the comments below, or check my facebook page! Thank you!